The In Between


I believe 2015 has been the year of the “in between” for me. If any of you know me and my story, you know that in 2014 and the years before I was very different, perhaps I was just in the high school stage of trying to figure myself out. Since January of 2015, though, I've felt a slight change and I'm not exactly sure what to call it. I feel like this whole year I've been in between the stages of something old and something new. The in betweens of an ending and a beginning. I know it's not the end of the year yet, but I feel like in these past 8 months, I've been in a stage where I'm recovering from old scares and wounds and getting prepared for what is to come. Getting my song back together again.
Maybe it's just the golden bliss of this lovely, Sunday evening but I know something good is coming up ahead. The “in between” has been quite a journey in itself, getting to meet new people, gain new friends, getting to do new things, and say goodbye to old ones. I don't think any amount of imagination could have dreamed up what these last few months have been for me. How in the world can I imagine what's up ahead? Heck I'm not even going to try. I think surprises are best away.
In between, you have been lovely.
Now here's to the leap ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Love This Harsh Winter

  A lot of things that I’ve been faced with lately are things that I don't particularly like, but I’ve been learning to love. The m...