A Hello & A Hope

So things have been pretty quiet around this blog for these past few months. My life has taken quite a turn for the busy since I’ve graduated high school and started college. I haven’t been able to write like I used too. But good things have come along with the busyness. I can now say I’ve successfully finished my freshman year of college with high grades; I’ve met new people and made new friends, and I’ve learned mounds of things and have grown so much. I’m definitely not the same person I was a year ago -- the girl who was standing in her light blue graduation cap and gown, not even knowing what the next year held for her. I’ve come a long way since then and it’s all so, so good. So, I can’t complain about the busyness and lack of writing. But now since the semester is over and I’ll have a little bit more free time, I’ll be able to write and post more on this blog. My hope is that I’ll be able to get a lot of writing done over the summer. One of my biggest fears is wasting and not getting anything done with the precious time I have. So I hope to have enough drive and determination to write a little bit every day. 
One of the things I’ve been trying to get over lately is the thought that my words don’t mean anything and my thoughts don’t count. I mean, what does a nineteen-year-old really know anyway? I’m constantly learning each day and I’m definitely not perfect. My views may not always be right and I admit I don’t always make the best decisions. Why would anyone want to read a young person's words? This is the hump I’ve been trying to get over and still get’s me whenever I try to write or produce something. To believe that my words have meaning and importance can be hard but it’s something I have to keep reminding myself every single day. It’s true that I’ll probably look back on my writing a few year from now and think about how silly they are but that’s ok. My older, mature self can laugh if she wants too. Right now it’s just time to write. 
So here starts the summer of what I hope will be full of writing and creativity. A summer of finding my voice and getting my messy words out on the paper. A summer of what I hope will be the next step in the right direction for me. 

I hope, I hope, I hope. 

Let's see where it takes me. 

xoxo,

Megan Elaine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Love This Harsh Winter

  A lot of things that I’ve been faced with lately are things that I don't particularly like, but I’ve been learning to love. The m...